To me, one of the most fun parts of reading a new how-to book is discovering the author's favorite tools, materials, and supplies. Writing the materials chapter of my book was a lot of fun, and relatively effortless, since I've got so many tried and true favorites.
Happily, as the book's publication got closer and closer, I reached out to many of the companies featured in the book, and many of them sent a few things for me to share with you.
You'll have to read the book to find out the low down skinny on all my faves, but if I had to list my top three favorite materials, I would say: Sulky Solvy (which is my top choice for transferring images and text, and which I explain how to use in detail with lots of projects in the book), DMC threads (my favorite is perle cotton size 8), and Clover gold eye needles.
This giveaway includes my tried and true loves, and a few new favorites. It includes:
- A box of DMC embroidery floss (36 skeins)
- Needles and a Disappearing Marking Pen from Clover
- A Three Month Subscription to Creativebug
- Needles and Embroidery Scissors from DMC
- An adorable thread holder from Shoppe Sugar Cookie
- Perle Cotton, Embroidery Floss, and Two Strand Floss from Weeks Dye Works.
- Perle Tencel from DyedFiber
- A Nine Yard roll of Super Sulky Solvy (my favorite!) from Sulky
- Miniature Embroidery Hoops (these are SO cool) from Dandelyne
- A Colorburst Sampler (in fancy new packaging!) from yours truly, aka Dropcloth Samplers.
Now for the nitty gritty details. There are a total of three prize packs (all the same), and you can enter to win in three different ways.
- ONE: leave a comment on this post. Tell me your favorite embroidery supplies, or just leave a (friendly) message.
- TWO: leave a comment and tag a friend on Instagram. The official giveaway post will go live on Instagram at around the same time that this post goes live. (further info on the Instagram giveaway @dropcloth.
- THREE: Pin a picture from the giveaway on Pinterest, and leave a link to your pin in the comments here on the blog so I can find it.
Enter one way, two ways, or all three ways! Winners will be chosen on Publication day, which is Tuesday, April 14th.